Happy 4th of July! I hope you all have a fun time with friends and family wherever you are celebrating! Here is a fun themed workout for you to do either over the weekend or on Tuesday the 4th! 🙂
EXERCISES (descriptions below)
- Star Planks
- Firework Lunges
- Star Spangled Bicycles
- Ab Bursts
- Red, White & Glutes
- Side Plank Spectacular
- Squats & Stripes
- Star Planks – While holding a high plank (push up position), alternate opposite arm/leg reach. Keep hips square to floor. Perform 20 or 14 total reps.
- Firework Lunges – aka Lunge Jumps. Start in a right foot forwards lunge, jump and land in a left foot forwards lunge. Low Impact = Alternating forwards lunges, no jump
- Star Spangled Bicycles – Alternating oblique bicycle crunch with opposite leg straight. Slow & controlled! Slow motion! Perform 20 or 14 total reps.
- Ab Bursts – Sit on the ground, knees bent in 90 degrees, lightly hug knees with head/shoulders off floor. Staying curled up, reach arms and legs out on a diagonal, making an “X”. Perform 20 or 14 total reps.
- Red, White & Glutes – Single leg glute bridge pulses, like this, hold each rep at the top for 3 seconds.
- Side Plank Spectacular – Holding side plank on right side (either knees bent, top leg straight, or both legs straight), perform a wide dumbbell row with left arm (elbow to ceiling), Same side for 10 or 7 reps, then switch. (No weights around, just use an invisible weight and SQUEEZE those shoulder blades together!)
- Squats & Stripes – Body weight squats! Or with weight if you have it!