I was asked this week what I would drink if going to or hosting a BBQ – the answer is a fresh margarita! I’m not talking about using the pre-made margarita mix that is loaded with sugar. Instead try this recipe below – is tastes much better and is much healthier for you than your standard sugary cocktail, even healthier than a beer! Now just don’t go spreading the word that your trainer told you to drink a lot of margaritas 😉
- 1.5oz of silver tequila
- 1 shot of soda water/sparkling water
- 3 slices of lime
- 2 orange slices
- 1-2 lemon slices (depending on how much zing you like)
- .5-1 oz of agave water
- 1 part agave syrup, 1 part warm water, mix
- Honey works too!
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker with several ice cubes and shake shake shake!
- Pour into a glass or fancy margarita glass, salted rim optional!
- I’ve done this with grapefruit and lime and that is amazing! You can also do it with lime and berries instead of citrus for a fun alternative (great for 4th of July!)
- Also good without the soda water depending on how strong you want it to taste
- Adjust amount of agave to taste!