Most of the time holidays mean traveling to see friends and family – which is exciting! But with traveling comes a lot of sitting, airport food, and some unhealthy habits. Here are a few things to keep in mind this trip as you travel to your destinations!
1. Don’t Sit at the Airport. You’ll be sitting on the plane for the next several hours, so use your time at the airport to walk around, stand and stretch!
2. Bring Snacks. Pack healthy snacks such as beef jerky, dried fruit, fresh fruit, veggies, nuts, etc. to avoid unhealthy airport food or stopping at fast food places on your road trip.
3. Stay Hydrated. Travel with reusable water bottles and fill them whenever you can. If on a plane, as for water whenever the stewardess asks. Staying hydrated will ward off cravings, help decrease bloat, and keep you feeling your best!
4. Fit in Fun Activity. Once you arrive at your destination, be sure to fit in some fun activity like family walks, playing games in the backyard, or going ice-skating! You don’t have to do a hard workout every day, but do try to move every day!
5. Relax and Recover! Most of all, take this time to de-stress! Spend time with your loved ones, don’t stress over a dessert or a missed workout, and enjoy your time off from work – you deserve it!